Why is the social impact of a Commons Society greater than other forms of social impact investment?
- It creates a sheltered zone within the free market that perpetually invests in the human and natural commons
- It is a systemic intervention in the market that develops a perpetual expanding investment fund that communities can focus towards their own best interests and changes the landscape in which business operates
- It creates a new legitimacy for business
- It makes the intrinsic but utterly hidden meaningful nature of work overt
- It is holistic – truly encompassing our myriad concerns and activities – weaving them into a social fabric that will better support us all.